The Paul Bird Band are a versatile, swinging combo.
The band loves to play. Paul, Tim Mclaren, Bob Macqueen and Quinton Smith have been playing together for many years. Lizzie Bird is our regular vocalist.
For larger ensembles, we have the pleasure of Frank Bird on keyboards, and have called on many other wonderful musicians.
The tightness that comes with that depth of experience and togetherness is unusual and exemplifies the closeness of the band.
We love jazz, swing, the blues... we play it lounging cool and stomping hot. This is music for dining, for dancing, romancing, for the joy of being together and for partying.
The band has played at all sorts of venues and functions and its always a delight to be asked to play for "something different". Listed below are some recently familiar venues and the satisfied clients:
- The Open Cellar, Kew jazz, wine, terrine, cheese.
- Melbourne Bowling Club, Windsor Lazy Sunday afternoon jazz by the bowls green.
- Dizzy's Jazz Club, Richmond Cocktail lounge, cool.
- Gertrude's Brown Couch, Fitzroy. Up in the band room.
- George Hotel, South Melbourne. Front bar.
- Sauvignon Cellars, Kew. In the cellars.
- The MCG Long Room. Warren & Salli's wedding.
- Rosstown Hotel, Sunday afternoon Jazz Sessions.
- On Top Bar, Ormond. Bar gigs.
- Box Hill Town Hall. Kingswood College Annual Dinner Dances for 400 guests.
- The Nursery, Essendon. Rosa and John's wedding.
- Northcote Town Hall. Jazz music for the Multiple Sclerosis Society Art Exhibition.
- The Peak Room at Flemington Race Course. Caroline & Michael's huge wedding.
- The Victoria Star, Port Philip Bay. Debbie & Ian's 50th, cruising around the bay.
- Private venue in Langwarrin. Paul's 50th.
- Evelyn County Estate, Kangaroo Ground. Paul and Natasha's Wedding.